Day 97 - Stewart


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia
August 5th 2013
Published: August 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Today's travels took us up and down several mountain roads. As we moved along the roads we looked left and right for the bears who were supposed to be in the area. We were even told to look up in the trees because the bears were known to climb high up and just sit there. All we saw was one yearling black bear and he ran across the road so fast no one got any pictures. The big scenery of the day was the many glaciers and waterfalls along the way. The biggest glacier was Bear Glacier (go figure the name), We were able to get pretty close to the glacier and take some great pictures. We met a couple and their two boys in Whitehorse over a month ago and we have crossed paths with them a couple of times since then. About an hour after we arrived in camp I see their RV pull in. It was like old home week catching up with them. We also met a couple in Jade City that are also staying in the same camp. We all got together and had a great BBQ tonight. After talking further with the couple we met in Jade City, we found out they were from Florida and live in a 55+ community. It sounds like a fun place. Oh by the way, Terry & Colleen, the Kerber's said to tell you hi...It's a small world. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better bear day. We hear the red salmon are running high down at Fish Creek and that is always a big invitation for bears to come check out the feast.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.18s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0824s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb