Day 44 - Liard Hot Springs at last


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia
June 13th 2013
Published: June 15th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Most of our morning drive was in the rain and fog. We were traveling in the northen most Canadian Rockies today so that made the wet and winding roads even more interesting. Along the route today we saw signs to watch out for various wildlife (stone sheep, horses, buffalo, caribou, bear moose and deer). Since the guys were doing the driving it was the ladies responsibility to look for all of these wildlife. Need less to say we didn't see anything until right before we turned into our camping grounds at the provincial park. On both sides of the road was a herd of buffalo. They definitely caught our attention. The provincial park we are in tonight is park of the Liard Hotsprings, so once we go set up we all headed to the HOT water. It was wonderful... At some parts the water reaches 114 degress. We stayed away from that end of the hot water pool. We had a great BBQ outside and campfire afterwards. We had bought our first salmon in Ft Nelson, so that went on the BBQ. Yum..... As Joe was closing the front door of the trailer he noticed something standing by a tree next to our truck. After he grabbed me and the camera we went to investigate. It was a very LARGE buffalo eating the grass at the end of our campsite. We just stood there taking pictures. It was amazing. I always had a hand on the door in case he decided to come check us out, but he just wandered down the road. Good things he didn't chase us anywhere cuz I was in my PJ's and slippers. HA!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0781s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb