Whistler & Vancouver


Advertisement
Published: May 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Big ManBig ManBig Man

Symbol of the upcoming olympics from the top of the gondola
A little cooler than we have been use to, Vancouver was still nice and sunny when we arrived but a reminder that we have now entered another season with all the views of snowcapped mountains surrounding the city.

Our hotel was great, backing onto stanley park and a short walk to the heart of downtown all for 25 quid a night! We spend the day preparing for our five days skiing shopping for cold weather gear as well as taking in a bit of the markets at Granville Island (not really an island, but certainly has an isolated feel to it in comparision to downtown.

Whistler was great, enough snow for the time of year to get around. Could have done with the powder stuff, but that only arrived on the day we left!!! Still, it seems not only here that has been having a late season but also into the states, places that usually find the snow dissappearing in the warm spring weather. The only negative with the weather was the poor visibility most days, making skiing a little sketchy trying to keep to the easy blue & green runs and not advertently drifting to a black! We also arrived during the week of the Telus events, with plenty of live music, dog parades and skiing events to keep you entertained when the skiing is too tough on the legs (most days!!)

Back to Vancouver for a couple of days, what a great city. Its a real person city, if you get what we mean. Lots of characters, lots of people just getting on with life and enjoying the outdoors. I think its simply too cold for posers!






Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb