A chilly trip..


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia
June 5th 2007
Published: June 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Had a brief phone call from Brian this morning at 4:30am. Their ferry ride was great... spectacular, snow capped mountain peaks and narrow waterways between the many islands of the Alenxander Archipelago. The temperature is down to about 6 at night but they managed to get deck chairs in the solarium to sleep on (as opposed to camping on the upper deck) so "quite comfy". The ferry stoped at a place called Haines and they had their first night camping out. Apparently they have met a chap who used to be a tour guide and so they are hoping to hook up with him in a place called Valdez which is enroute to Anchorage for a couple of days. They will be camping rough tonight on the way and expect to get to Anchorage a couple of days after that. He asked me to apologise to everyone for not being in touch - there has been no email or phone since Vancouver and Mike's phone won't send texts either. Calls are very expensive and so I suspect it will be Anchorage in a few more days yet before we hear anything again. Anyway - it sounded as though they are having a lot of fun and enjoying themselves thoroughly. I will update this once I hear again.... Jacqui.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0899s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb