September 8, 2018


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia
September 10th 2018
Published: September 10th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Saturday Sep 8

Woke up to some rain this morning, which we had on and off throughout the day. Stops were limited today since we we needed most of our time driving. But we did make some stops along the way.

First up, Giant Cedar Board Walk in Glacier National Park, where we walked among some pretty big trees in what looked like a rain forest. Luckily it did not rain during this walk. Got some nice views and some nice shots.

Lots of construction in the snow sheds, including installation of new LED lights. Rogers Pass Centre was a must stop, to see all of the stuffed animals on display, the layout of the Pass within the surrounding mountains, and how it became a mountain exploration Mecca for early Swiss guides.

We weren’t quit sure how long it would take us to go up to the top of the Meadows in the Sky Parkway in Mt. Revelstoke National Park, but the 40 km round trip was worth the view! We even saw a grizzly bear close to where we parked, but not long enough to get a good photo.

Vancouver Country House was our homestay in Richmond today. It was a very opulent country home, it even had an indoor swimming pool, just outside of Richmond on the Steveston Highway, about a 15 minute drive from the airport. The owners were recent arrivals from China (2 years) and were very welcoming.

Dinner was at Original Joe’s, great burgers and beer!



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb