September 7, 2018


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia
September 7th 2018
Published: September 8th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Friday Sep 7

More water leaked overnight from the water supply to the dishwasher and we had to mop up a lot of water. We had advised the Resort of the leak twice yesterday, but the maintenance man that showed up this morning had not been told of our report until this morning. It was fixed about mid-afternoon, with some minor damage to the laminate floor.

Other than that it was a slow morning to give ourselves a rest before the long drive back to Vancouver tomorrow. The plan was to visit Invermere this morning and try out the resort pool and hot tub this afternoon.

After some shopping in Invermere (read Marion and Joy), we had lunch at Tim Hortons and then walked a section of the Old Coach Trail between Invermere and Radium. This trail is the old way between the two towns, used originally by Shuswap First Nations and later, after the construction of the Banff-Windermere Highway (#93), by tourists visiting the Radium Hot Springs. Gorgeous scenery but we did only a few kilometres of it. Unfortunately, it was a bit more smokey in the valley today to go with blue sky and mid-twenties temperatures.

On our last full day here we decided to finally check out the recreation centre pool and hot tub, very relaxing.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.203s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0719s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb