September 1, 2018


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia
September 2nd 2018
Published: September 2nd 2018
Edit Blog Post

Saturday Sep 1

Gerald had told us that the drive to Radium Hot Springs via Cranbrook would be longer than we thought. Yet everyone wanted to take the longer ride for the scenery. It was worth it. In Deadwood, there was this really cool micro bakery where they made pepperoni cheese sticks and good coffee, with a barista that was quite funny with customers. There were many scenic mountain passes. We stopped in to the Desert Centre in Osoyoos, a place we had visited with our daughters in 2000. We also stopped in to a roadside stand to buy fruit and vegetables. While we had noticed there was some haze in the valleys from the wildfires, near Castlegar it was quite bad, with the fire being just meters from the road at one point. Didn’t want to stop for pictures there!
In spite of the many warnings about wildlife, we did not see any today. Maybe that’s a good thing, at least while driving.

We arrived at our Radium Valley Vacation Resort about 7 pm, having taken our time throughout the day. It’s a great place and we are happy to have this nice place! We ate in and had lasagna and Kelowna Copper Moon Cabernet Sauvignon.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 16; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0266s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb