August 17, 2018 Steveston


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia
August 26th 2018
Published: August 26th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Well, our cruise to Alaska is now over and we’re off the two more weeks of adventures. We’ve not had Internet on board, way too expensive. So we shall try and catch up over the next few days, although we have a hectic schedule. Enjoy and feel free to leave comments!

Friday Aug 17

Westjet flight to Vancouver was great. A bit bouncy leaving the Ottawa area though. Unfortunately our flight ran out of food, we got the last snack and many behind us never got to eat.

Marion’s cousin Ken picked us up and let us settle in with some beer and smoked meat. We spent the afternoon walking around Steveston, where the Gulf of Georgia Cannery is located, a Parks Canada National Historic Site, the creation of which Ferdy was involved with.

Lots of seafood vendors in the harbour and we picked up 3 pounds of prawns to go with the salmon dinner Ken and Jan had planned for. Yum!



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



26th August 2018

You're right about Westjet
On my last two flights with Westjet they ran out of food by about aisle 18 or 19. It seems to be a trend. Glad your trip is going so well. Looking forward to hearing about the details in person.
27th August 2018

Steveston is awesome
I had friends who lived a 10 minute walk from the Steveston docks ad piers. It is a beautiful area to spend an afternoon walking and taking in the sights and sounds.
28th August 2018

Steveston
And have a beer with something to eat!

Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0993s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb