Vancouver is AWESOME!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Whistler
September 9th 2006
Published: September 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello!

We've been in Canada now for 5 and a bit days. We started in Vancouver and slept most of the first day (still recovering from the lurg!). Following that we spent a couple of days exploring the city. There's a really cool place called Stanley Park, filled with joggers, cyclists, rollerbladers etc. I've never seen soon many people out being active!

The park also had it's own cricket ground (the Oval!), I never new Canadian's placed cricket! The park also has the biggest outdoor I'ver ever seen, probably 100m by 100m. In search of an exercise fix we dived in and completed a few 50m lengths. A bloody long way when you're used to swimming 25m!

Another standout attraction just outside the city is Grouse Mountain. We avoided the trek up it and instead caught a sky train! (aka a gondala). Up top they had a wicked lumberjack show and a grizzly bear sanctury (photo's to follow).

Since then we've departed the city and taken in Whistler, where they're getting excited about hosting the 2010 Winter Olympics. We hired out some bikes and went down some excellent trails and even gave the dirt jump park a visit. That result in a fair few bruises, all worth it for that little bit of air!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb