Carribbean Festival


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver
July 26th 2014
Published: July 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

BreakfastBreakfastBreakfast

None left for Mummy! (As usual)
Geo: 49.2881, -123.131

Following the advice from the friendly lady on the bus, we headed back to Lonsdale Quay for the Caribbean festival and parade. We walked to the waterfront along the waterfront which was magical on such a beautiful day. Isaac was asleep by the time we were on the ferry but woke up as soon as we arrived at the festival tents. Again we were too early for all the action (Vancouver isn't an overly early-rising city) but passed the time playing on the quay with the beautiful mosaic fountain. We then heard the sounds of the street parade so headed over to spectate. Strangely, most of the participants were chinese! Both Isaac and I were feeling very sleepy so we headed back to the hotel for some chill time plus a bath after Isaac had thoroughly enjoyed an ice cream!! Tonight is the famous Vancouver Festival of Lights where different countries compete for the best fireworks display. We tried to join the rest of Vancouver to watch it on English Bay. However it just became far too crowded to be sensible with a pushchair so we stayed in and had a takeaway instead ! We could just about see the fireworks from the bedroom balcony but as we're on the 33rd floor and you needed to hang over the edge to see, we opted to follow it on the tv instead! It looked pretty impressive!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Chinese dragonChinese dragon
Chinese dragon

How they got into a Carribbean festival, I don't know!


27th July 2014

I have seen that Chinese dragon before! I;m glad the weather has cheered up.
28th July 2014

Isaac is really enjoying himself. Isn't he. I bet you are really excited with what's coming next.

Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb