Made it to Squamish...


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver
October 5th 2006
Published: October 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hey guys!

Well, we left you with frost on the tent and a broken car. That is all now taken care of.
We stayed two nights in Penticton and managed to both fix the car window AND get a few hours of climbing in. AND we got to check out downtown, while waiting for the car (no pharmacies or grocery stores but it is somewhat of a Mecca for hair- and nail care, medical equipment for the elderly and liquor stores).
We're sure you don't care about the car so we'll tell you that the climbing was fantastic.

After a winding drive on narrow roads, we got to the crag. Short walk-in, mild and beautiful day and high spirits made for great afternoon. A bit slabby but with knife thin edges everywhere (Aaron, you would have loved it!), tons of crimps, horizontal cracks and super hard granite. Beautiful colour. We climbed until it was too dark to see anything really, and hiked out with a tiny LED light on a key chain.


Got up early this morning and left for Vancouver. The roads were winding and narrow and the scenery was beautiful and full of pumpkins and fruit stands. Arrived in Vancouver and managed to buy Cissi basically a whole new wardrobe and Charles a new camera. Oh, and we had some Vietnamese food. All in about 3 hours.
Left Vancouver, and their hellish traffic, for Squamish where we are now. Tomorrow we're off to climb at Cheakamus Canyon, weather permitting and after climbing we are heading back to Vancouver again (Charles will have to drive, they are crazy down there!).

Charles and Cissi







Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb