Day 34 - Day around Vancouver


Advertisement
Published: June 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

So you don't worry something has happened to us - if you don't see a blog post from me for a few days while we are in Canada it's because I can only post when we are in a campsite that has Wi-Fi. Although I did buy a hotspot, the data charges are totally crazy in Canada. Today we toured around Vancouver. All six of us piled into Ron and Caroline's truck and headed out with city map in hand. Our first stop was Stanley Park, which is a huge park on the west end of Vancouver. The park overlooks English Bay where most of the shipping freighters come into town. In the park was the biggest "public" pool any of us have ever seen. Our grandkids would have a blast at this pool. We saw two people paddle boarding and figured they had to be a little crazy since the water is VERY cold. From the park we went to south Vancouver where Jon and Joe toured the Maritime museum. The rest of us hung out & watched the ships go in and out of the harbor. Next it was off to Granville Island to wonder around the "Public Market". Here we discovered meat and fruit are very expensive. Boo! We made our way back to the north side of Vancouver for lunch and a stroll through Lonsville Market. It was fun to look at all of the different venders and shops. We are off tomorrow to start heading north.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.261s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1537s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb