Kicked back day...


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver
September 15th 2012
Published: September 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day started a little earlier, but not a lot. Junior tour members just a little slow in sorting out their body clocks. Again the weather is superb, seldom a cloud anywhere. After breakfast visited the small seaside suburb of Ambleside. Reuben rode in Bob's Porsche and thought this was very special.

Spent a couple of hours just sitting on the beach looking out over the Lions Gate Bridge, Stanley Park and the wider harbour. Walked along the sea wall and watched the salmon leaping out of the water amongst the recreational fishing boats. The salmon seemed to be having the best of it as did not see any hooked but they were certainly there and very active.

Caitlin rode in the Porsche on the way back and now both our kids are very disenchanted with our family vehicles.

Sandy and Jennifer went back to Whole Foods as well as some more general shopping, while Bob kids the kids and I went for a walk through the forest nearby. All through the forest were blackberry bushes laden with berries so the kids did the natural thing and scoffed themselves silly. Reuben has a pair of trousers redecorated with berry juice.

Had dinner at a local Japanese restaurant and now believe we have never truly eaten Japanese food before. This was just fantastic.

Back to Eagle-eye Back-packers just after 9, where it was established Jennifer has truly mastered cards.

Tomorrow plan to pack up and head across to Granville before, all things being equal, we board the ship for Alaska. A little unsure if the blog will be possible on the ship as Internet access is very expensive.

Advertisement



16th September 2012

Sounds like you are having a fab time! Mike - come on, don't be tight. Internet access is a must :-)
17th September 2012

Kick back day
If the Porsche and Sherman are the new 'benchmarks' in cars, then the Swift and 5 Series are now out of contention! Seems you are having a great time and have been hosted by some really nice people. Really enjoying your 'updates'. Have a great time on the cruise.

Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0618s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb