Happy Turkey Lurkey!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver
October 16th 2010
Published: October 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Remember that theme we had started back in August of eating and drinking? Well at least now there is a proper excuse for it - Thanksgiving! We were really looking forward to Thanksgiving dinner, since it's been ages since we had a proper turkey dinner, and for us proper means including perogies and cabbage rolls. And of course the stuffing... Been missing those things back in Australia, so it was great, and we definitely had enough to carry us over for awhile.

My mom had planned Thanksgiving dinner a week earlier than actual Thanksgiving, since we were originally due to fly back to Australia on Thanksgiving Day. And we decided to keep it that weekend even though we had changed our tickets until November 5th now. Couldn't wait any longer for the perogies! My mom and I ended up making around 350 perogies (and no we didn't cook them all that day), my cousins Sarah and Kerri made the cabbage rolls (and the pumpkin pie and birthday cupcakes), and along with the turkey and everything else it was a feast.

On the real Thanksgiving weekend we ended up going to the season opener of the Vancouver Canucks with my friend Di, and my brother Dennis. Too bad they lost but it was still great to go. We also lucked out and got tickets to the next home game as well (and this time they won) - we are trying to get our hockey fix in before we head back down under.

And we are still catching up with friends, hitting yoga, and we went and saw one of our favorite bands Superchunk play at the Biltmore which was so good. They haven't played together in 10 years and last time we saw them was probably 12 or so years ago so we were loving it. Hope they come to Australia now.

Brett has been working a tonne, and the park is getting really close. Think Brett and Dave may hibernate for a bit after this one is finished. It has pretty much just been the 2 of them building the whole park, (with the odd extra hand on the big pour days), so they are doing an amazing job. We are still trying to convince Dave and Tanis (& fam) they could use a holiday after this is finished and what better place than Australia (hint, hint!).




Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1157s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb