White Rock Canada


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver
March 29th 2006
Published: March 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Cydney's Place

This is where Liam and I are based in Canada until we begin our trip.

Well this is where it all starts. Liam and I arrived last wednesday exactly a week ago after a delayed Zoom flight from Gatwick (5hrs due to engine failure...nice). Only just starting to get over the jetlag. It has been a busy week visiting friends and family and absorbing unexpected changes to life. We've explored Vancouver's nightlife, White Rock beaches, the city's great green parks which are an escape into the wilderness and only minutes away from the city centre, food-oh god the food-so much delicious food and service like I have never known, phrases like "no problem", "of course" and "my pleasure" just roll off the tongue like "miserable day" does in england. One thing I really didnt expect was the huge number of "Corrie" fans here in Vancouver. "Eastenders" is also pretty popular here but when I mention "Home and Away" it's almost unheard of. Strange how our cultures so enjoy the depiction of other cultures in soap operas.

So more vancouvian adventures in store over the forthcoming weeks so watch this space.

Plans, in pencil, are to leave Vancouver in the first week of May, making our way down the west cost of USA to San Diago, California. Thereafter we'll work our way through central america into South America.

Advertisement



17th July 2006

hey liam and katherine that i haven't met
hey it was so nice to hear from u and hear that u have a gf now and everything going good for u two in the long run.that i hope all goes well for u and that i hope to run into u two soon and that i thought i would drop a line and say that my mom was woundering were u guys r cause she hasn't heard from u two and will send u pic of me and my boys when i figure out how too a friend always. god bless u two.

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb