Canada's Westcoast


Advertisement
Published: June 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We landed in Vancouver and took an other rental car for over two weeks. Instead of relaxing from the flight we drove directely to Calgery (took us 2 days to get there, driving, driving, driving...) It was raining cats and dogs, but as soon as we arrived in Calgery we had some beautiful sunshine. This little town out in the nowhere is kind of charming. We visited the Olympia Site and went to the Saddledom station and tried out the local bars of course. But honestely, after 3 days we had enough and moved on to the Nature.

Like all the Tourist we went to Banff, through the National Park until Jaspar. On the way we saw some awesome lakes like Morain Lake, Lake Louise, Mirror Lake, Emerald Lake in the Yoho N.P. We also did some good hiking. Well, we started a small hiking path and by the time we realized we have to climb up all the way until the very top (which was really high....) it was too late to return. So, there we are, an other day hiking in Lake Louise, but it was worth all the pain.

We continued to other lakes, like Peyto Lake, Bow Lake, Maligne Lake and many impressive Mountains as well, I do not remember their names... Up in Jaspar we saw our first Black Bear and Mooses and we were so excited that we jumped out of the car to get a closer look and of course foto. Fortunately they had already eaten before...

On the way back to Vancouver we visited Whistler, maybe not in the right season. It is summer and there was not much snowboarding going on, but still a cute place. We then took the ferry to Vancouver Island, where we did some Whale Watching. We did not see one single Whale, not even a sealion or an other animal, but we saw a lot of rain and I think this was the most expensive shower I had in my life. My clothes were seaking from the water. Anyway the journey goes on and so we ended up in different places I don't really remember, one of them Tofino, the wettest place on earth, they told me (even more rainfall then in Switzerland) and finally in Victoria, the pretty little Capital of the Island.

Back in Vancouver we enjoyed partying with some friends I knew from Switzerland. We really had some good times and of course we went sightseeing in the City as well. Went to the Harbour, cicled Stanley Park, saw the Steam Clock, the Library...
Suddenly the day came, when Petra had to fly back home and I stayed an other 3 weeks in America.



Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0292s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb