Fun in Vancouver


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver
August 10th 2007
Published: August 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

On Sunday 5th August we got up at 3-30am to get a taxi to the JFK airport in New York for our 6 hour flight to Vancouver. Appropriately our taxi was a Cadillac! The flight left on time at 7.20am. Lori met us at Vancouver airport. It was great to see Lori, Ted, Nicky and Alex again. When we lived in Vancouver Sally & Nicky were in grade 1 at General Gordan School together and Rohan and Alex went to the Kitsilano Preschool together. After unpacking we walked along the beach. Vancouver is a beautiful city with a lovely harbour with beautiful mountains to the north.

We enjoyed visiting where we used to live in 7th Avenue plus all our favourite places including:
Granville Island which has a lot of art and craft stores and a huge fruit and vegetable market.
Stanley Park just near downtown Vancouver where we went for a bike ride with great views of the harbour. We also saw a family of four racoons.
Mountain Equipment Co-Op which is the best store for camping and hiking gear. Sal & I bought sleeping bags for our ferry trip from Bellingham to Skagway.
University of British Columbia pool where we had a swim. I am pleased to report that my shoulder which was not so good before I left Oz was fine.

Yesterday Lori, Sal & I went for a lovely walk at Steveston which is south of Vancouver. It used to be the site of salmon canneries. We walked along the dyke there and had a picnic lunch on a wharf.

Of course we continue to enjoy all the summer fruits including blueberries and peaches which are very cheap here.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



14th August 2007

catching up....
It sounds like you are having a fabulous time! I was particularly envious when reading about your adventures in Paris - but all in all you seem to have a lovely balance of city and country - wonderful! From NYC to the Amish - what a contrast!

Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb