It's more of a peninsula.


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver
June 28th 2007
Published: June 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today is the halfway point! Only 10 days left and both of us are still alive and talking to one another. It’s been a good trip so far and hopefully the rest of the trip continues the same way. On a side note, Chris woke up in the foulest of moods, due to a lack of food last night, however it quickly faded once we found some nourishment.

We woke up and called Chris Olsen, who happens to live in town, to hang out with for the day. We’d already decided that we’d try some sushi before we left so he recommended we try Broadway Sreet (he didn’t come with since he’s not a fan).

Sushi was amazing. Fish melted in the mouth. Excellent. I don’t know if we’ll be able to eat Ontario Sushi again.

Afterwards, Chris came to pick us up and we went to Grenville Island, which as it turns out is more of a peninsula. The market there was amazing. Fruit has never smelled so good. I bought a tart which was delicious. We stopped in at the miniature museum to see the trains and boats. Some of the craftsmanship in the boats is mind-boggling. There was also a huge motorized train track set up with some 6000 hand-crafted trees (some of them took 2-3 days each to make). We took a stroll through the huge toy-mall and left. Chris’ car is really zippy.

After the island, it started to rain a bit so we parked downtown and walked to the bar. Unfortunately, we took the wrong exit out of the parkade and ended up taking a huge circle to get to where we were going, but it was a great walk since we got to see most of downtown Vancouver. The restaurant we ended up going to had a fine selection of local brews and what is apparently Vancouver’s best Tiramisu. I doubt we’ll be here long enough to test the claim.

The walk back to the parkade went by the Vancouver Exhibition Centre, where apparently a bunch of Highlander episodes were filmed. Movie Magic!

We got a drive back to the Hostel, where I am now typing this all up, and crashed. Tomorrow: the Island!

Seen
-People. Lots and lots of people.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb