adventures in travelling


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver » YVR
October 25th 2010
Published: October 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Got to the ferry terminal just in time! Packed ferry with both cars and walk ons. Doug and I splurged and went into the pay lounge so we could get a seat. Even though the weather sucke the crossing was smooth and on time. Tony & Jenny picked us up and we headed out to Korea bbq for dinner. We ate way to much but had a good visit and caught up with our lives. Jenny found out that Doug had never had Bubble Tea so she decided that it was now her misssion to break Doug's bubble tea viginity. Off we went to Vancouver to chill at the bubble tea shop for a while. With all the rain, we were happy to arrive at the aiport and said our good-byes to Jenny, Tony and the girls with assurances that they will pick us up when we return as they live close to the airport.

We found our check in desks with a nice surprise that our flight is delayed by 2.5 hours. yikes! Seems that the plane was hit by lightening during its last flight so it needs to go to the hanger and be inspected before we can take off. Inspect away I say! Air Canada was kind enough to give us food vouchers for $10 each so we could have a bite to eat. An upgrade would have been better :-) but not meant to be. We've made the rounds at Duty Free and haven't found anything so far. Still very full from our huge dinner with Jenny & Tony so maybe we'll grab something to go before we get on the plane. I feel like I should put on my jogging clothes and do laps around the terminal to keep awake and get rid of this excess food. Our flight now leaves at 2:20 am and we are expected in to Sydney at 11:45am. It sure is going to put a huge delay on how far we wanted to drive toward Melbourne on the first day. We are still hoping to get to my sisters on Wed but may not arrive till Thrs morning now. We'll see how it goes.

cheers all :-)

Diana & Doug


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb