back to Vancouver


Advertisement
Published: August 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Monday morning arrived, and we got up early to pack and get on the road. Down to the main lodge for a quick breakfast and said good bye to everyone. Once on the road we headed back to West Vancouver and Naomi. We were about an hour and a half driving in the rain which cleared as we got to Vancouver. Naomi, Linda, Jim and I went out for Dim Sum which proved to be a great meal. It has been such a long while since I have had Dim Sum and I thoroughly enjoyed to meal. We took the leftovers back to Jon, who like Jim eats food when it is offered, he just loves to eat. Upon return to their home, Linda, Naomi and I went up to the Safeway and bought jars, certo and sugar to make some jam. Naomi and I went down to the inlet and picked about 10 cups of blackberries in short order and then climbed back up to the house with the container, we only stopped to rest twice on the way up. Back in the house we washed the berries and then made the jam. Linda prepared a great salad and curry chicken burgers for dinner after which we had Vanilla Ice cream with blackberry jam and it was really quite good. It is always fun to be able to eat something you have made with your own hands, and everyone at the table certainly enjoyed the jam. The ferry was booked for tomorrow morning at 8:30, so we said our good byes before bed knowing that Jim and I had an early morning ahead of us.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.029s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb