Our first few days in British Columbia


Advertisement
Published: April 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Well our first couple of days in Downtown Vancouver have been knackering to say the least! Neither of us seem to have been able to shake off the jet-lag...but that still hasn't stoped us exploring Downtown and the surrounding areas!

Vancouver has definately lived up to our expectations from what we had heard before we got here, with the friendly people and amazing views of the surrounding mountains and lakes. Both days we've been up pretty early because of the time difference, which means we've been out nice and early finding out what vancouver has to see.....we've found out there is so much to do here, and it can get pretty expensive if you're not too careful, but so far the moneys been well spent!....we visited Granville Island yesterday with the indoor markets and other local shops, with one of the first stops being the nearby Granville Island Brewery where we had a tour and given a load of tasters to try.....so by the end of it, with the jet lag i think we were both quite a bit tipsy, but definately well worth a visit!

We've pretty much seen most of Downtown now, and i think jade really can't wait to get shoping as theres seems to be loads of high streets and shoping malls to choose from. We both decided the other night to stay in the hostel we started off in so we'll have been here nearly a week by the time we check out on Monday morning and head off to Vancouver Island for a few days.....which isn't too bad as the hostels one of the cheapest around here and has a pretty good atmosphere as we found out last night down in the bar when everyone seemed to be there watching the local Canucks Ice Hocky team play (which is the most confuseing game ever to watch as everything seems to happen so fast!). So the next few days will be handy as we can sort our selves out before we move on.

The weather hasn't been too different from home either, with one day having great weather and the having rain all day yesterday, but hopefully summers on its way!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.024s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb