I married Ann L.


Advertisement
Published: July 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Dear Diary,

Today I married Ann L., the most wonderful, amazing, fantastic, incredible, uncanny and mightiest woman in the world.

Here are some of the early photos from our wedding day photo shoot and from friends. I'll update when the professional photos arrive.

The boys started the morning at our house in Burnaby and then proceeded to Ann's sister’s house in Vancouver. We had to demonstrate my worthiness by performing balancing acts, eating strange food, singing and bribing the guardians of the house to be allowed to pick up my bride. We had a giant pizza lunch supplied as one of our wedding gift from Ada. We all piled into cars with the photographer and videographer (Alex) and headed around town for wedding photos - Gastown, Coal Harbour and Stanley Park. Keeran lent Ann and I his convertible so we could travel in style.

While Ann and I were taking photos in Stanley Park, the Groomsmen, Bridesmaids and Helpers were setting up the equipment, tables and chairs at Ferguson Point. Ann went for a rest at the Teahouse so that she could make a dramatic entrance but she didn’t understand why her bridesmaids weren't there. Unbeknownst to her, the equipment was delivered an hour late so we were all madly setting up the arch and tent for the string trio. I watched about 10 guys trying to set up the tent without instructions, before I jumped in and set them straight. We managed to have everything up and ready just a couple minutes late. This was fine as some of our guests were running late too.

Ann looked fantabulous walking down the aisle and the ringbearer and fellows of the ring did a great job. The ceremony went off smoothly and Ann and I read our handwritten vows. Lots of bubbles and a big group photo to celebrate. We took lots of photos with our family and friends. Everyone was sitting out on their blankets and eating some great snacks prepared by Sarah and Robyn. It was like a giant picnic. Lots of kids running around and a good catch up with our friends from near and far.

We took down the equipment quickly and a group of us stopped in at Keeren's party room for a break before the reception. Some of the families went to the Aquarium for the day so the kids wouldn't be jealous of the evening’s activities. We arrived early at the Aquarium to set up the main dining room. They had a pipe burst earlier that day but we managed to set up around it. The AC was off but none of us even noticed as it was cool beside the Beluga tank. We also played with Jack and Daisy, the friendly porpoises that greeted our guests to the dining room. People started to arrive early and there was quite a crowd outside by the time the doors opened. Everyone lounged on the deck for the first half hour, enjoying the sun and the Belugas showing off in their tank.

We all headed downstairs around 8pm for dinner. There was quite the bottleneck in front of Jack and Daisy. Everyone signed our guest book (if you missed out we still have it at home and you can sign later) and admired the Smurf wedding cake prepared by Emily. Kevin S. was the MC for the evening and got everyone up to the food quickly. Spectacular mushroom ravioli and the leg of lamb were the best bits. We had some speeches from Carl J, Jenn, Steven and Burt, and then made a spectacle of ourselves during the garter removal and toss. We had a nice romantic song for our first dance before we were "Rick Rolled" (this means that a Rick Astley song broke in part way and we ham-ed it up).

We continued dancing through the evening and visiting friends and family. At one point the DJ thought we had all left because we were around the corner from him. I managed to get everyone that was left out on the dance floor for the last 20 minutes as we proclaimed we could walk 500 Miles. Jason F. drove us to the Sutton Place for an upgrade to the 20th floor. This is one of the perks of getting married. We found out later that a lot of people were left behind without taxis (they just wouldn’t come) and had to walk out to downtown.

No rest for the wicked! The next morning we had to get back home as guests were battering down our door. A lot of the out-of-town guests came by for an open house to see where we lived and enjoy the sunshine on the patio. The following day we finally got a chance to open all our astonishing wedding gifts and pledges. We have a very generous group of friends and family. We also managed a BBQ out at Kits Beach with Harris and Keeran. Now we only have a couple weeks to wait before our honeymoon in Eastern Europe, Russia and the Mediterranean.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.369s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0845s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb