Vancouver, Victoria, Tofino


Advertisement
Published: May 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

VancouverVancouverVancouver

this is where i'm living at the mo.
Hey y'all,

Hows everyone doing?

O.k, so heres the update so far.... After spending the first week chilling out with my mates Rich, Kev, and Carl in Vancouver, going to a huge park called Stanley Park, drinking, eating out and general kicking back and enjoying Canada, we headed to Vancouver Island through the gulf islands via ferry and onto Victoria (the capital) where the boys are from. Their high school was celebrating its 100th year, so was hosting an all american (!!!) weekend of 'socker', bbq, beer gardens, tour around the school. A very strange affair I have to admit. It was exactly as you might imagine a posh, american stlye school 'fun day' to be even though it's canadian and supposed to be run by english influences!!! I think the head of the school is English. So anyway, hit the pubs and bars that night. They have pretty good night life here. Even during the week you can have a fab night.

Chilled ou the next day and walked round the harbour (see pics) enjoying the sunshine. Man, you should see my tan!!!

So, Monday Kev and I hire the van you see in the pic, and head up to Tofino. The surfing capital of Canada. The drive up is fantastic. Huge blue lakes, alpine forests, mountains covered in snow, little traffic and windy roads. Unfortunatly I have no pics of the drive as I was doing the driving. Well, that was an experience! Large van, wrong side of the road, tight corners. Absoultly loved it.

We spent 2 1/2 there surfing, walking on the beaches, relaxing. I have a friend Matt there, so we hung out with him in the evenings. Unfortunatly, the battery in my camera died, so very few pics of Tofino, and none of matt ;-(. First night hung out at his ocean view condo. Man he can live in stlye..He did used to live in his buick last summer. Second night had a fire and some beers on the beach. Last night went out in style to the Tofino locals night. Karaoki!! i have to admit, it was a pretty good night. Didn't get up and sing though. Didn't want to subject the poor people to my singing.

Speaking of which. Went to a rock concert last night. The bands called Bif Naked (Mike, though of you!) and were pretty rockin'. It was in a fairly small venu but that was cool. There was a good atmosphere and good back up bands. Ended up with a souvenir when the singers studded wrist band flew off her wrist and hit me in my stomach. Well, I wasn't going to return that. It really hurt!! :-)

So now I'm back in Vancouver again for a while before heading up to Whistler. Have just insured my car. A little blue Toyota. It currently has no windshield at the mo but thats easily fixed. Can't wait to potter around in it and am heading to a rodio later. Its a warm up for the Calgary Stempede.

anyway, enjoy the pics. Miss you all. XX


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Gulf IslandsGulf Islands
Gulf Islands

The journey on the ferry to Vancouver Island
VictoriaVictoria
Victoria

Rich and Carl on Vic. harbour
VictoriaVictoria
Victoria

Trees!! Love 'em
GoldstreamGoldstream
Goldstream

just a little waterfall. Me and Rich.
Cathedral GroveCathedral Grove
Cathedral Grove

Big Red Trees!!
Cathedral GroveCathedral Grove
Cathedral Grove

Me, Kev, and Tree!
Long BeachLong Beach
Long Beach

sun evaporating the sea!!
Big WaveBig Wave
Big Wave

Not for surfing!!


21st May 2006

fa shizzle ma nizzle- wish i were there!!!!!
22nd May 2006

So jealous
Hiya Anna wish i was there so jealous, just to make you feel even better its pissing it down here and has been pretty much all week ;-(! !!

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0265s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb