Stanley Park


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver » Stanley Park
January 17th 2010
Published: January 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Stanley Park
Located on the North side of Downtown Vancouver with 404.9 hectares: It is more than 10% larger than New York City's Central Park. It has a 8.8 km (5.5 mi) seawall path that circles the park. Much of the park remains forested with an estimated half million trees that can be as tall as 76 m (250 ft) and hundreds of years old. There are approximately 200 km (120 mi) of trails and roads in the park. We entered the Park from Beach Av. and followed the seawall to the third beach where we cut across to the west side of the park taking Tatlow Trail to Squirrel Trail to Beaver Lake to Ravine Trail which brought us to the East side of the park where we photographed the Lost Lagoon, Downtown Vancouver, the Lions Gate Bridge connecting Vancouver to North Vancouver, the Totem Poles and the Brockton Point Lighthouse.
We left the Park and walked towards Robson which is a busy shopping street and walked about six blocks to Burrard St. and Smithe St. to have a meal at Sala Thai. Pretty good and beautiful decoration. There is a nice supermarket in the opposite corner to the restaurant where we bought some brie and olives for dinner. Then we continued on Smithe to Grandville to London Pharmacy to get David's passport photos ready for the embassy the next day. After a 6hrs walk and 11 miles later, we called it a night.



Additional photos below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.466s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 26; qc: 135; dbt: 0.1915s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb