Canada


Advertisement
Published: May 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone and greeting from very sunny and warm Canada! We seem to have struck wonderful weather wherever we have been.

We had a pleasant ferry crossing from Vancouver to Victoria. Auntie Sandra picked us up and we've been staying with her for several days.

I've missed out on some of the sights due to sleeping off jet lag, however Peter and Anuntie Sandra have been lots of places like the Empress hotel and the museum. Yesterday we went to the most fabulous Butchart Gardens. We've added lots of photos taken by my auntie so you can see what it's like. Peter has other photos that he will send in a future blog. Being spring the flowers are very beautiful. It's one of those places that is difficult to describe because it is so splendid. I know I'm sounding a bit British but the weather was gorgeous and quite hot.

Sandra has been looking after us very well. She's filled us up with vegetables and salad to fortify us for the United States! Before I get off the topic of food, we've discovered that you can buy senior sized meals over here. This is good because they are about half the amount of a standard portion size for North America which is still huge by Australian standards.

It's been wonderful staying here because I've been able to catch up with my cousins (Steven, Geoffrey and Angela). I haven't seen them since 1991 so we've had quite a bit of time to make up.

If you haven't been to Vancouver Island, you must go. We're staying in Sidney-by-the-sea. Everything is so bright, clean and inviting. The recession doesn't seem to have hit Victoria so badly. The house prices are holding because it's a very desirable place to live.

Both Peter and I were extremely sad to say goodbye to our Canadian family and particualarly my lovely auntie. Thanks you all for being so welcoming and spoiling us. We hope to return the favour sometime when you are in Australia.

In the next blog look out for the story about our shambolic entry into the USA! Only in America story coming up........

Cheers

Sandy


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.243s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 54; dbt: 0.067s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb