Whistler


Advertisement
Published: October 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

An early start for Whistler this morning. Much time spent on the bus, but we did manage to spot a wolf sitting on the side of the road so that was a bit of a bonus.

Whister is a big ski resort which is going to play a pretty major role at the upcoming Winter Olympics. Despite the fact it was summer and no snow to be found, the town was still bustling with activity, even if they were all either half-mad extreme mountain bikers, or the rest of Australia's youth who had decided against (or were rejected by?) UK's working holiday program and were forced to go to Canada instead.

After being turned away by a few cafe/restaraunts with bar licences because Yash is underage (drinking age in British Columbia is 19 and they are seriously strict about enforcing it) we finally found a place willing to take us in and promptly spoiled our appetite for our last included 5-star dinner by eating a large plate of nachos. Despite that, we unbelievably also managed to fit in dinner AND the creme brulle platter - a selection of five different creme brulle flavours - for dessert.

It's just occurred to me how often I seem to be mentioning the food that we've eaten on this trip. Either it really has been just THAT amazing, or I'm going to come home a huge butterball if I'm not careful..

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.036s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0194s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 999.4kb