Victoria - A Seaside town


Advertisement
Published: May 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Sorry for the long gap in updates as I fell behind, so I am going back a bit in history.

After one hell of a long trip (6 hrs), we finally manage to make it to Victoria, all it takes is a train, three buses and ferry journey. After finding our hostel and getting settled into a 42 person room (the hostel is a listed building so they can't put in any dividing rooms). Later on in the day we go for a stroll around Victoria. Then later I made a large pot of vegetarian chilli that seem to go down very well.

The next day we explored around Victoria, it all centered around a very picturesque harbour. Full of yachts and seaplanes and tourists. We stopped for lunch at a local cafe, were I had the best bowl of soup in a long time. Later in the day we visited the local park to relax for a bit, full of ducks and people. In the middle of the park was a small animal park. That night we went to a pub, but were so disgusted to have to pay a cover charge to see this awful live band, that we left after to pints.

The next day was the last day that we had in Victoria which we spent looking at the parliament buildings for B.C., as well as a very tacky wax work museum that consisted of all the royal family and a London dungeon style exhibition. We had seen all that we needed to see of Victoria so we cut down the hostel form 4 nights to 2 so that we could have 4 nights at Tofino instead of 2 nights.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb