Vancouver/Victoria Adventures


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver Island » Victoria
September 16th 2009
Published: September 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well I didn't stay in Vancouver too long.
The hostel was great and the people were nice but as soon as that ended and i was on the street things just started going crazy.

The evening after my stay at the hostel was rainy and cold, I caught Pneumonia that night and am still sick from it.
After that night the day following was rainy and cloudy for most of the morning and by the after noon it was starting to get sunny again.
I set out with my friend to ask for change on Granville street and two ladies asked us if we needed help and proceeded to tell us they were part of an outreach group helping kids out.

After we nodded our heads in agreement with them we were whisked off to a safe-house where we were checked for bed bugs, fed, clothed, and given a room for the night.

after all of this happened we went to pick our friend from the airport up and tried to get him a place to stay in a hostel till we could figure things out.

well there was no room at the hostel but we didn't find that out till the next morning when he was at the breakfast table with us at the safe-house.
after his dreary walk around Vancouver he met some of the same people I did and got put into the very same house as me.

We talked to the employees there and the caregivers and they gave us bus fare to get to the ferry and we took the ferry to Victoria,

In Victoria we busked together on the street and made 16$ which we thought was pretty darn good.
afterwards we met up with our friend Napoleon and he let us pitch a tent in his yard for a few days. Those days were spent going into town, checking out sights and going back to his house.

However, when we were no longer able to stay in his yard we were met with another housing problem. But we fixed this by finding ourselves a beautiful gazebo with a hollow roof where we can keep our stuff and ourselves safe and for the most part dry.

Hopefully I can get myself a sleeping bag soon.
I just need to find myself a job and everything will get better.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0768s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb