Victoria, Butchart Gardens


Advertisement
Published: October 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Butchart GardensButchart GardensButchart Gardens

Live flowers in entrance sign.
Saturday August 30,

Saturday we were up early to be at The Butchart Gardens on the Saanich Peninsula for the 9am opening. This is a designated National Historic Site of Canada still privately owned and operated. We enjoyed the breathtaking gardens with only a few other visitors until almost 11am when the crowds and bus tours arrived. It’s hard to put into words just how beautiful the gardens are the brochure doesn’t exaggerate when it says, “ravishing floral splendor greets you at every turn.” If you visit Vancouver Island this is a must see. We were also fortunate to take the 11am boat tour because we were the only passengers. The electric boat takes you on a forty-five minute tour around the peninsula. After a wonderful late lunch at the Garden’s restaurant we retraced our path through part of the gardens and left around four when the crowds came pouring in anticipation of the final fire works display of the season later that evening.




Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



8th October 2008

beautiful!
looks like an amazing trip. Vancouver looks stunning! .................
26th October 2008

Spectacular
These pictures are a tease. I wish I could be at Butchart Gardens right now. What a spectacular Garden. One day I hope to see this place.

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb