Day 11 Victoria July 14


Advertisement
Published: July 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We got to the ferry at 10 in order to insure a spot on the 12:45 ferry to Victoria. We walked around the town and had lunch at Rick's American Cafe. The ferry ride was about an hour and half and was very scenic. Arriving at Victoria we found our hotel, The Delta, another Priceline find and very, very nice. We walked over the draw bridge to the main part of the city. First stop was the Parliament House. Victoria is the capitol of British Columbia. It was very impressive, especially from the outside. Since the Empress was close by we decided to have High Tea at the Empress. At $60 it seemed a little high for tea but it was well worth it. We had tea sandwiches, scones, and sweets in a beautiful setting. Since it was 4:30 we called it dinner. In the Empress is Tiny World. These guys spend thousands of hours developing all the different scenes in very intricate details. They included battle scenes, historical events, scenes from Dickens, circus, dollhouses, and Christmas. After walking around town a little more went back to the hotel and went swimming.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



18th July 2008

Great pictures
I love reading your blog. You could/should be a travel guide

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0566s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb