Cross Canada Trek


Advertisement
Published: September 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post


We started our adventure in Nemwmarket on Augest 23rd and started the long haul drive straight to Calgary. It took about 37 hours of driving to get there and there were many good times along the way which include: jumping hay bails, seeing the town Fargo, all night driving shifts with Rob and Matt karaoke (Hey There Dalialah is our specialty!!!), running into a closed border crossing, tons of free cell and lots of sitting. We stayed in Calgary for two nights and the highlights include: Drumheller (a town in the badlands dedicated to Dinosaurs), the Hoo Doos, Chinook Mall, visted Shauni, Craig and David for a delicious waffle brekfast...From Calgary we headed to Canmore to stay and to see Banff/ Lake Louise: Hiked up Lake Louise and it was really nice, saw Banff Springs golf course and met a guy who holds a Guiness book of Records record for most golf holes golfed in 12 hours (which is 221 incase you were wondering), went in the hot springs, saw Lake Morraine which was even better than Lake Louise and was featured on the back of the old school 20 dollar bill. The water was a really bright blue! From there we drove to Vancouver: we didnt do much in Vancouver, we stayed in a sketchy part of town with tons of wandering strippers walking around, got up early and headed down the sea to sky highway on the way to Whistler, there was tons of construction on the highway in preperation for the olympics, Whistler village was nice to see in the day time but were only there for 5 minutes as we had a ferry to Victoria to catch (also missed the snow)!!! We got on the Ferry and headed to Victoria where we are staying for four nights: we walked around China town, saw the uVIC campus, hit up MEC, checked out the local bar scene, walked around downtown, hung out in Heathers new residence room. We are here for another two nights and then we are on the plane tuesday !


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0522s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb