Pacific Northwest: Part II


Advertisement
Published: August 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day 3 - Victoria.
Okay, here's a word of advice - DO NOT take the Clipper from Seattle to Victoria. It's a 3 hour long boat ride for $150. If you visit Seattle, go a few days to Port Angeles and take the 35 minute $35 ferry. You'll have more time seeing as you won't be wasting away on a damn boat for hours. Trust me. ANYWAY. We didn't know better so we rode the damn boat for 6 hours and got to stay in Victoria for only about 2.5. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice boat with good food. Just a dull ride. The package deal we did included a bus tour of the city and free entrance to Butchart Gardens. The gardens are absolutely beautiful. It was refreshing to see bright, vibrant flowers as apposed to the dead, dry ones that have died back home in the 100+ degree weather. There was a really good gift shop and restaurant/cafe things, and most importantly clean bathrooms.

After the gardens we loaded back onto the bus with our charming old bus, no, hotrod driver and went back to town. We only had like half an hour so we went in souveneir shops and got hoodies and keychains and whatever else.

So basically Victoria is a charming place if you actually get to see it all. Just don't do the Clipper. You spend more time in line waiting to get on than you do on tours. Waste of time.



Day 4 - Seattle/Port Angeles.
We were all sort of sick of each other by now, so we all woke up whenever we felt and did our own separate adventures. I went back to the Pike Place area and just sort of piddled 'round some more around the market. I can't believe we've been doing these family-ish vacations for so long. I love being out on my own with my own agenda. Other people are such a weight on me.. cause I didn't want to shop at a huge mall when there were more unique shops everywhere. It's nice to fool myself and act like I'm 100%!'(MISSING)grown-up' for a lack of a better term, ya know? However we did meet back up for lunch. Then we checked out of our hotel, got the rental car, and headed for Port Angeles.

The traffic was horrible so it took about 4 hours to get there, but it was okay because it was a scenic drive... haha I talked mom out of waiting in the mile-long line for the ferry, which was literally feet away from Seattle. Could've save A LOT of time. But oh well.. we know now and can pass it on to people in the future.

When we finally get to Port Angeles, the weather is wonderful. We go down on this pier thing and some boy is catching crabs and tells us all about them... I must say that I have yet to meet a rude person in Seattle or anywhere up here. Everyone is incredibly nice, and it's not phony at all. It's a nice change from the people I'm used to who are mad at the world and everyone in it for no apparent reason. I bet it's the clean air. ANYWAY we eat at a little restaurant called the Kokopelli Grill which is DECKED OUT in kokopellis. Our waitress was really ditzy, but really sweet, and the food was very very tasty. Mashed potatoes and BBQ chicken. YUM!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

port angeles, washingtonport angeles, washington
port angeles, washington

boy with his frozen crabs


Tot: 0.264s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0596s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb