Port Angeles/ Victoria


Advertisement
Published: April 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Port Angeles - Victoria


FerryFerryFerry

MV Coho. Port Angeles/Victoria Ferry

Port Angeles - Victoria This morning before leaving Port Angeles for Canada was quite interesting. K.C. called at 6:15 to make sure we were up in time to make our ferry and to let us know coffee was ready. I don't drink coffee but did forget to leave a wake up call so it was very nice of her to make sure we met our other travel pans. K.C also gave us water bottles to take with us so we didn't have to buy them today. She also gave us the name of the tourism guy and told us to go talk to him and gave us food places in Canada to make sure we went to. So from there we walked the 4 blocks to the ferry. The ferry was very much like the one to Seattle so no big deal. We arrived in Victoria with no mishaps or anything going through customs. We were like what now? So we decided to see if we could drop our stuff off at the hotel and spend the day out and about. Well, by some miracle we had been upgraded to the gold package and its freakin awesome!!!!!!! WE are in a $500 a night room!!!! Anyone that knows us we go for the $38 a night places. It’s so cool!!! We arrived while breakfast was still out. There were eggs, meats, breads, fruit, juice, coffee and teas that I could see. We have a lounge we can go hang out in if we want. We were to busy checking in to get breakfast so tomorrow look out! We played around in the room with everything then headed out. We went to the wax museum which is an awesome place for the price. We thoroughly enjoyed that!!! We then went through the parliament building and look at some wonderful stained glass work. We did pop back by the hotel as we can get free sodas and water from there and they had chocolate deserts out!!!! We had 2 or 3 and they were to die for good. We then took off to a pub for some lunch. They have a pizza and a pint lunch for $9.99 . The pizza was goood!!!! I don't drink so I can't tell ya about the pint. We proceeded to wander around through the marketplace (not impressed with it at all) and then back here to the hotel. We made a new friend who just happened to stop by our window. This crazy seagul came up and started pecking at the window sill. Now the concierge, Duane, specifically told us no matter how much they beg and plead and look at you with thier sad eyes not to feed them but from the picture you can tell that these gulls do not go hungry in any way. The hotel offers horsdevours so we had those and our left over pizza for dinner before heading back out. The horsdevours were pretty good too. They had some bread out with a baked brie, some crab filled puff pastries, a fruit tray, a veggie tray, cheese tray, then a tray with different smoked fishes and shrimp, a meat tray with pate' (I even tried it). Oh and they had more of those little chocolate desserts out!!! After that we came back to the room for a bit before heading over the the pub again. We went and listend ot the live music. Dave also had a few different types of beers including a cream stout. Interesting! We drew in it but my smily face was gone long before the ale was :-( The music was real good!! We then walked along the water front and yup you guessed it !! Took more pictures!!! We are at about 160 so far. And its only been one day here! So back ot the hotel we went and slept on the softest plushed bed we have ever been on! Night!!!


To see all our photos go to http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v204/dasnowz/



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Stained GlassStained Glass
Stained Glass

One of the many stained glass windows in the Parliament building
My PalMy Pal
My Pal

This guy wouldnt go away. In fact he even came back with the window shut.


Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb