Sold a house, moved to a condo, flew to Florida


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Surrey
February 23rd 2008
Published: February 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

English is my second language. I'd rather put it out in the open and encourage readers to constructively crititize my writing. No problem, bring it on.

We sold our single family home in February 2007. This home we bought only over 3 years ago brand new. It was a huge relief because this is what we want. We bought a not brand new condo the size of which is half the space we enjoyed in our recently sold home. Home, btw, is Surrey, BC, a suburb of Vancouver, BC, Canada. We made sure to arrange to 'close' and move in to the condo 10 days before we did the 'closing' on our sold single family home on April 30. It was a wild, hectic, stressful 10 days. Moving is difficult. Moving from a big house to a condo half the size is even more difficult. Husband Mario and I were sleeping less and less those days before we finally left on May 3, 2007 what with the moving, trip details and flights to book and finalize and a life which includes 3 grown children and business to leave behind.

Three days after we moved the last pieces of boxes, donated books and old clothes to charities, dumped the remaining junk to the city garbage dump, cleaned the remaining rooms, (we should have hired a cleaner) turned over the keys to the realtor, and after our eldest son, Marlon, drove us to the airport (YVR), we took our flight to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) with a stop over at Las Vegas.

I'd like to summarize for my sake:
Feb. 2007 sold our house
Feb. 2007 booked our transatlantic cruise
Feb. 2007 bought a condo
March 2007 found a suitable sub-contractor for my business
March 2007 planned and booked flights for Charisse (daughter) for her 3 weeks with us in Europe and back
April 2007 meetings and training with the sub-contractor
April 2007 more flights were booked - our flights from 1. Vancouver to Fort Lauderdale, Florida,
2. Copenhagen to Milan 3. Milan to London Gatwick 4. London Gatwick to Vancouver.
April 20-30, 2007 moved from house to condo
May 3, 2007 flew from Vancouver to Fort Lauderdale

May 3, 2007 was the beginning of our close to 6 months vagabonding experience which involved a transatlantic cruise from Florida to Copenhagen, Denmark, in a camper all over Europe for 4 months and back to the USA in a transatlantic cruise again.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb