Day #4, The City(Vancouver, that is..)


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Surrey
June 24th 2007
Published: June 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Filipino breakfastFilipino breakfastFilipino breakfast

Beef Sinigang(sour soup), fried fish and rice. Rene loved it...
Ahh...a nice shower, a good night sleep on a soft bed at my uncle's and aunt's house was just what the doctor ordered! It was a great relief and to boot, I met for the first time, 3 cousins of mine..
After lounging for most of the morning and after eating authentic Filipino food, we left Surrey for our next destination, Vancouver. My uncle offered to let us stay with them again on our last night in Canada so we decided to take him up on it.
The plan: Stay in Vancouver for 2 nights(Sun and Monday night) so that we can really enjoy the city and afterwards, spend Tuesday night in Surrey with relatives. Rene and I will head back to the states on Wed morning and hopefully by Friday, we're sleeping in our own beds in Stumptown.

We decided, since we were coming back to Surrey on Tuesday, to lighten our load dramatically by leaving our sleeping gear with my uncle. What a difference! Speed and control! Yeah!! (there were a few times when I almost lost it because of all that weight behind me)

Because of rain(yes, it actually rained on us today!), it took
Lost...Lost...Lost...

'Trying to find the way to the hostel...
us 2 hours exactly to get to heart of the city, where our hostel is located. I love hostels, it's a great experience.
Nothing like having all the shops and pubs outside your door. The hostel is on Granville and Robson...
We were so tired and hungry so as soon as we got ourselves situated in our room, we ate, drank lots of beer, shopped, and ate some more! That was only an hour ago, we are hungry again! One of the best things about cycling is that we eat whatever and however much we want and not worry so much about gaining weight 😊 We have approximately 400 miles of pavement left to ride during this sweet vacation and I think we need to eat more so that we can store some energy/fuel haha!

My friend and I agreed on one thing earlier; the time spent on the road riding, sightseeing, conversing, meeting new people, camping, etc. is a vacation in itself. Spending time in Vancouver is just a bonus.

'Til next time....



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Tour busTour bus
Tour bus

Where did part of the roof go??
DopeDope
Dope

Rene got a kick out out of this drugstore's name, he demanded that I take this picture..
Financial districtFinancial district
Financial district

Do you notice that I'm still wearing the same clothes from Thursday, Day 1? I am, but that will change, tommorrow! :)
Bad boys, bad boys...Bad boys, bad boys...
Bad boys, bad boys...

Hey, there are criminals even in Canada!
Drunk boysDrunk boys
Drunk boys

Cheers, to us, for making it all this way, without crashing! (Knock on aluminum)
Great beerGreat beer
Great beer

This has got to be the best pale ale I've ever had..
HostelHostel
Hostel

" I need to go to bed now...."


23rd July 2007

400 Hundred Miles?!
Ffffffour hundred miles left?! For the love of humanity!.... My boody hurts just from thinkin' about it! You guys must have buns of steel!.... or you're seriously ice packin' at night! LOL!

Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0145s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb