Psychologically destroyed


Advertisement
Published: February 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

An early wake up call was followed by a long day of driving. We left Waterton and the province of Alberta and headed into British Columbia, destination Lake Christina. Much reading, crosswords and listening to music was undertaken. We stopped at a few attractions, the first was to check out an enormous truck, I think one of the largest in the world. Second was Frank’s slide, around 100 years ago a landslide crushed a small mining town killing 70 people, it got up to speeds of 120 km’s per hour and some boulders travelled up to 3 kilometres away.

After finding a campground, Scott and I had a few games of Bocce Ball, it’s similar to petanque but the balls are heavier and you can play on grass or sand. You are allowed to either roll or toss the balls and the aim is to get closest to the white ‘jack’ ball. Scott’s years of practice proved too great for my amateur abilities.

After a few marshmallows round the fire we moved inside away from the mosquitos for a few games of dominos. Jenn and Nicola cleaned up. I think I was last every game.

The following morning the weather was nice so we headed to the lake. As luck would have it as soon as we arrived at the lake it turned overcast. Lake Christina though is one of the warmest in Canada and was a nice temperature to swim in. The afternoon was spent trying to improve my Bocce Ball abilities. I always seemed to lose 21-18, I think Scott was trying to break me down psychologically.

The weather started to look ominous so we packed up and headed back to camp. We went for a walk down to a nearby waterfall and watched that for a good while. After a mouth watering meal of Salmon that Scott whipped up we watched the sunset and a large full moon rise, highlighting the tree line and making it look haunted. Something else that was haunted were my dreams … of Bocce ball.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0555s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb