Day 1: Exploring


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Kimberley
December 29th 2015
Published: December 29th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Platzl


DirectoryDirectoryDirectory

Jenny checking out the Platzl Directory.
Day 1 we are out and about! Kimberley is a very cute town with a Bavarian feel to it. The town square is called the Platzl and it has all kinds of interesting shops and restaurants.
We found some great free parking especially for Platzl customers and were able to walk the entire square. There was everything from souvenirs to outdoor equipment! After going into a few shops we wanted to warm up so we stopped at this cute bakery and sat inside for a while eating out donuts.
After that we looked around a bit more and finding that we were getting hungry, decided to go back to the condo for lunch. Of course nobody had purchased lunch food during our grocery run the night before, so we stopped at a local market and got some food.
We even went into a local drug mart and I found some pain relieving cream that is prescription only in the US but the were selling it over the counter! I had heard of this phenomenon but this was my first experience & I must say, it kinda threw me for a loop.
So while the other half of our party is up
Mining MemorialMining MemorialMining Memorial

The Sullivan Mine was one of the world's biggest producers of zinc, lead, and silver for 92 years.
on the mountain playing in the snow, we sit here eating lunch and resting (amazing how walking in the snow is so exhausting!) so we can go to meeting tonight at the local Kingdom Hall.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

ClockClock
Clock

A cute clock in the middle of the Platzl.
The Traveling PenguinsThe Traveling Penguins
The Traveling Penguins

Tim, Lexie, Timothy, Ethan, Michelle, Brody, Chris, Caleb, Jenny, Renee, & Jacob.


Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0632s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb