Big white Christmas eve!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Kelowna
December 24th 2012
Published: December 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Monday morning, same routine as the others. All of the kids and I were going to do a lesson.
We got outside and were greater by about -7 degrees, no wind and almost blue-bird clear skis. The best day of the season so far. We canned the idea of lessons as it was too nice a day. Thomas went off to his lesson, Tanya was going to practice on the Gondola run through town, and the rest of us headed out to do as much new stuff as possible. We did the Blue runs down the middle of the Ridge Rocket area. Paradise, Exhibition, Perfection. Amazing runs with some big drop offs and then long areas to noon at full tilt. We picked up Thomas in the afternoon and then headed out for more. We had a fantastic day and just the sort of day we came all this way for. Christmas eve then saw us out in the Village for the festivities. A big parade, free hot chocolates and roasted chestnuts(clearly an acquired taste that I didn't have!) and then a flair run by the instructors. It was rounded out by an excellent 15 minute fireworks show. It was finally beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Back inside by 8ish for Pasta.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.201s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0346s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb