We drive today!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Kelowna » Big White
November 25th 2007
Published: November 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


ClaireClaireClaire

Very cool - aren't you a clever girl x
Well as we imagined, not a very good nights sleep - we were so excited.

Today we were collecting our hire car and driving to BIG WHITE... so after showering and breakfast we set off to the hire company. Wow, we have a big 4x4 and black, couldn't be better. Strange though the steering wheel is on the wrong side!!! umm, that may take a bit of getting used to but not as much as finding out how to the 4x4 started etc - we didn't even know how to adjust the seats, I tell ya the Canadians don't do things by halves, everything in the bloody car is electric. We had to get help just to adjust the seat and mirrors - but its was all good fun. The next experience was the drive! Again on the wrong side of the road - poor Claire she opted to drive, very brave. All I had to do was navigate - easy I thought! If only... My route map said one way the Tom Tom said another - omg and we'd only been driving for 5 mins. Like the sensible ladies we are we pulled over and took a couple of minutes to sort ourselves out and before we knew it we were back on the road heading, well, hopefully in the right direction. We set off from Vancouver at 9.30 ish.

What a fantastic journey thanks to Claires driving, my awareness & calmness and of course the Tom, Tom (couldn't have done it with out it). The views were stunning, we couldn't believe we were actually driving in Canada... Big White here we come x The journey was great, a few loos stops, lots of talking and 80's music all the way, we were in our element. We even managed to stop for groceries - a girls got to eat.

We've only gone and done it, and its 4pm (5 1/2 hours of driving), we gave ourselves a big pat on the back as we drove into Big White - it is so lovely, words can't describe how beautiful our surroundings are. We are so very lucky to be here, we just can't take it all in...

It's some what cold outside -10 degrees would just about explain how cold it was. We collected the house keys from Central resavations and made our way to Mike and
DrivingDrivingDriving

more wow...
Claires new house...

OMG - how, well, I'm (Tania) lost for words (I know, unusual). Big white is, well white - snows arrived but sadly not enough for the resort to be open, however, they are hoping to open Friday, so long as they have more snow over the next few days. Fingers crossed.

We unloaded the car after what can only be described as and eventful hour or so (don't ask). We then wrapped up warm and set off to find a restaurant for dinner. Huge portions...

Well as much as we'd love to stay awake we havn't quite adjusted to Canadian time so we set off to bed at 8.45 (4.45am to you guys)... sweet dreams x




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

BIG WHITEBIG WHITE
BIG WHITE

We've made it


Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0983s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb