Big White Cont.


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Kelowna » Big White
March 1st 2007
Published: March 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello again everyone.

We must apologise as this stupid website wont accept our videos so we cant load them 😞
So you will all have to wait till we get home to see the hilarious stacks (me) and awesome jumps (jordan).

Not too much has happened up here. Most days consist of skiing, hot chocolate, and relaxing in front of tv. When Waz isnt working we head up to the local pub, or the other one (there's only 2 to choose from). So far the advertisement from the other pub has been "FREE BUBBLY FOR THE LADIES ON FRIDAY NIGHTS" but when I arrived I was informed that the champagne had conveniently "Run out" (yeah right). (I think its a scam to get everyone to go there then be too lazy to go out into the cold to leave).

I'm yet to test the "FREE HOT CHOCOLATE FROM 5-6:30 PM EVERYDAY AROUND THE BONFIRE AT HAPPY VALLEY DAY LODGE", but I suspect the same might happen!!

The skiing the past few days has been even better. Two days ago it snowed about 20cm overnight. We skiied through the trees where at some points where noone has been
Jordan flew out of his skiisJordan flew out of his skiisJordan flew out of his skiis

Stranded on the snow, the seal is left vulnerable to predators...
the snow is about knee deep. You have to be careful not to fall over or it will take you 10 minutes to be able to stand up again!! There is one new run with some great drop offs and jumps which we found, which you probably wouldnt want to do on a day without soft powder snow as falling down on it is quite likely!

Hope all is well back at home. Hope you all like the photos.. Im not leaving here without my free bubbly and hot chocolate!!






Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Ice Ice BabyIce Ice Baby
Ice Ice Baby

This is a picture after the icy snow at the very top of nthe mountain that landed on us stuck to our goggles and everything else.. we couldnt see a thing.
Rest timeRest time
Rest time

Somehow when Jordan wasnt watching, somebody managed to tag all over his skiis
SnowghostSnowghost
Snowghost

Believe it o not, theres actually a fir tree under there. They get so covered in snow that they cover up completely and then bend over with the weight of the snow. Stupidly, they call them "Snowghosts".


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb