Into the Wild


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Golden
July 14th 2008
Published: July 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Alex on belay!Alex on belay!Alex on belay!

Your in good hands with Alex on belay!
I finally got out of vancouver late on friday arriving in 100 Mile House later that evening. The canyon was breathtaking to view during my evening drive and super hot in around Lytton even though it was late. Very little traffic as well made it even more enjoyable. It was so sweet seeing Alex at Educo(camp) and all his adventures from the week provided many hours of conversation. Thanks to family we got all Alex's laundry done and made it out on the road by 3:30pm on Sunday. We were sad to leave as we were having such a good time hanging out and visiting. One last thing! In 100 Mile Birch St. was closed down and lined with cars of another vintage. Old school! Check out the pics.

Felt good to hit the open road and enjoy the beauty BC has to offer. East of Kamloops we saw a forest fire burning with the helicopters scooping water out of the swollen river. We stopped and watched for a few since it was safe to pull over and helicopters are a big hit.

Driving through the mountains is super lush right now. You can see the path from where an avalanche cleared the way in the past. Replaced now with light green carpets between darker shades of green. It's moments like those where I am reminded why I need to get out in nature more often. We drove as far as Golden before pulling off for the night. Outside the rain is softly falling as we drift off to sleep. My thought swirl with great memories of a rich day.





Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

CJCJ
CJ

CJ! I miss you.
Day 1Day 1
Day 1

We're ready to hit the open road! Cheers Everyone!
The PoliceThe Police
The Police

I hope this is the last time we get this close to one of these cars. LOL! No tickets thanks!


Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0498s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb