Sorry so late


Advertisement
Published: May 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

So here we are, stealing wifi from another closed visitors' center. It is now 10:00 PM and it looks like it's noon. We just ate at a place called Boston Pizza, that was delicious. Anyways, our waitress told us that the sun sets at about 11:30 PM and rises at 4:00 AM right now. She also said that during the summer solstice in June, when the sun sets it still looks like dawn and that it's just a light blue in the sky. It's really trippy and plays with your senses. Today has been a very interesting day, to say the least. We had a scare last night because David's bank decided to put a hold on his account when they started seeing all of the charges outside of Illinois.....even though he called them before we left and told them we would be travelling and not to do that. Anyways, we ended up having enough cash on us to get a hotel room, but we had to sneak Griffin in passed security lol. It was so funny trying to keep him quiet in the room; he was jumping from bed to bed going crazy because he'd been locked in his kennel all day. We left this morning and headed for the Alaska Highway. When we got to the visitor's center in British Colombia, we met a very interesting character. He told us his name was wombat. He had on a Cub's hat and a sweatshirt that said wombat power! lol. He talked to us for like 45 minutes about how he just travels all over the world just to do it. His next adventure is trying to get in the new Hobbit movie they are making as a gopher. It was really bizarre. So, David called his credit card company and got the hold taken off so we could get back on the road. We are in the Northern Rockies now and it's absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I tried to take a lot of pictures, but they definitely do NOT do this place justice. It's really amazing seeing all the mountains. Oh, and we had our first Moose sighting! There were two of them right on the side of the road eating grass. I was so excited! Lol. I don't think David even cared. When we got to Fort Nelson, which is where we just left, we actually talked to some people we'd been following behind that are from Illinois. It's a bunch of college kids on their way to Fairbanks to be in some Shakespeare play for the summer. I thought that was pretty cool. I think they wanted us to party with them because they asked us where we were gonna stop for the night, but we told them we were just driving through. So, Mom, David and I aren't in many pictures ourselves because we look like crap haha. Being in the car for so long makes you look kind of grungy, so we are saving pictures of us for when we get to Anchorage and have a regular shower schedule again hehe. So, I think we are gonna drive until the sun goes down. It's really weird, because it's hard to feel tired when the sun is shining brightly in your face. We love you all and already miss everyone! We are almost there! Wish us luck! Enjoy the pictures!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb