From -28 to +27


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta
February 23rd 2014
Published: February 24th 2014
Edit Blog Post

R: Greetings from rural east-central Alberta, where the temperature is currently -28 (feels like -35 with humidity and wind chill). Could there be a better time to escape this place? Not likely. As much as we love our rural homes, this winter has been brutal, especially the last couple of weeks. A 1 ft.+ snow dump, temperatures of -40 plus wind chill... snow drifts, snow shovelling, bundling up in multiple layers of clothing just to face the great outdoors... Thank goodness for sunshine or we probably wouldn't survive!

After slogging through another brutally cold day, I looked up the forecast for Kona for the next 7 days... 27 and sunny, 27 and sunny, 27 and sunny, 27 and sunny, 27 and sunny, 27 and sunny, 27 and sunny, need I say more??

One more sleep and we are GONE!

Advertisement



24th February 2014

ready to go!!
am very excited and all packed and ready. the biggest job was getting everything here at the farm ready for my farm sitter and chore doer. am sooooo ready for a change of scenery and temperature!! this winter is getting me down - it just goes on and on and on. but tomorrow all that will change for these two adventurers. coffee plantation and tree house here we come!! will keep y'all posted ...

Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb