Painting now


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta
July 10th 2007
Published: July 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post


I’m so glad to hear about the cool weather in Montana. At least you can now take a breath before it comes again. Oh, it’ll come again, it’s only July!

I got pulled out of the library today, and put on painting. I don’t think it’s because I was talking too loud, but Bob thinks it’s because I’ve been carrying too many books home! They’re trying so hard to get the chapel ready by next Wednesday, so they needed all the painters they could round up. It sounds like we’re not going to do any cool techniques on the walls~~just plain paint! Bummer. It’s a large white room with a concrete floor, and we painted it medium beige…ceiling and walls. It looks much nicer already…not so big and stark. Someone’s coming in to sand the loose paint off the floor, and then it will be repainted. The pews in there are the old wooden kind that you find at church camps.

The thing about working in the library is all the interesting books I’ve seen. I have been doing a lot of reading, but to have access to this many books is like looking in a candy store! There was one entitled Understanding the New Testament, and it was 118 pages long! I don’t think that’s long enough to understand the whole testament! Christianity in Your Modern World was printed in 1889!

We’ve been asked about Bob’s health~~he’s feeling great. He seems to have plenty of energy, and his feet and legs aren’t bothering him at all. Reducing stress can do that, huh?!

Another RVICS couple pulled in last night (they’re just staying until tomorrow) and parked between us and the classroom buildings, consequently, not only do we not get internet signal from the trailer, we barely get tv reception! Not a big loss, because we only get four channels, and they’re programs and news that we don’t watch anyway, and fuzzy even on a good day. If we change channels, we have to adjust the antenna! Cable tv has its merits!

We’re going to have a campfire and roast hotdogs tonight, so in honor of that, I used my convection oven for the first time. And I learned some things: A. A metal pan is hot even when it comes from a convection oven
B. Some things are baked without the oven being preheated. Not a cake. Cakes baked in an oven not preheated fall in the center. Lesson learned!




Advertisement



Tot: 0.207s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 57; dbt: 0.1062s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb