Beauty of the country


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta
June 27th 2007
Published: June 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Don't write in...Don't write in...Don't write in...

I'm not kicking him, I'm just showing how small these miniature goats are! (That's probably why they call them "miniature"!)
Tonight we went to a small Bible camp about 45 minutes from here (not unlike the one in Lambert.) The couple that runs it works with RVICS in the winter. We had a hotdog roast, and then toured the camp….they have farm animals, as well as miniature horses and goats. The mini goats had babies about a month old, and they were smaller than the barn cats! They played around like baby lambs, but they’re colored, and I can’t even explain how cute they were! Then we hiked to a point overlooking the Red Deer River that had a breathtaking view. The river is very high this year, and it’s a wide, slow moving river. The hills surrounding it are green, but have stripes of coal, clay and limestone, so the colors were very vivid, and beautifully patterned. (The Red Deer flows into the East Saskatchewan, which eventually empties into Hudson Bay.) We made plans to float the river another day, assuming the rain ever quits, and it warms up. We later had dessert and more visiting, and then headed home.

While I’m on this subject, let me tell you something else about this area. It stays light
Give us a view...Give us a view...Give us a view...

and we'll allllll take pictures of it!
until 10:30 at night. I’m not kidding~~I’m talking about 6pm-in-Sidney light. Tonight we could see the red reflection in the sunset at 9:20. At 10:50 I can still see across the field. And then it’s getting light again at 4:30 am. We aren’t that much further north, but we are near the Pacific time zone, but every night I’m surprised by how late it stays light. (The rest of the team is tired of hearing about it!!!)

Anyway, we had such a fun time tonight. (And it didn’t even rain once!)




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Not the green green grass of home,Not the green green grass of home,
Not the green green grass of home,

but isn't it beautiful...
It's not the RVICS group climbing on that rock!It's not the RVICS group climbing on that rock!
It's not the RVICS group climbing on that rock!

We're on the bridge, safe and sound!
I'm not sure what the point is here,I'm not sure what the point is here,
I'm not sure what the point is here,

except that this miniature church had nothing to do with the miniature goats! It's just a place by the highway.


Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0205s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb