Canada


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Lethbridge
June 27th 2010
Published: June 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today we left the mountains of Montana and went out onto the plains. There wasn't much wildlife, but the horses are sleek and fat! There were lots of horses and cattle. Nancy enjoyed identifying new wildflowers the last few days, but she wondered how many new ones she was missing as we barrelled up the road! Our goal was to get into Canada today. It took us about an hour to get through the border. We bought whiskey at the duty-free store. Then we had to go through immigration to declare the shotgun and pay for its permit. It was actually a painless border crossing, but thorough. We continued on up the highway and noticed that southern Alberta looks a lot like northern Montana. That's odd how a different country could look so like ours. Hmm. Rich said it was to make the transition easier for tourists.
You may have noticed that we didn't go to Glacier. We decided to fish instead, after another traveler told us that Glacier had only been open for two days, due to having to clear 55 foot snowdrifts off Going To The Sun Road. Another spot to put on the return trip. Hey, Sam, maybe we won't get back until September!

Advertisement



29th June 2010

Going To The Sun Road
Hey guys, I HIGHLY recommend driving up Going To The Sun Road on your way back. Keep in mind, you should NOT bring your trailer on that road. Imagine me huffing it up that sucker on my bicycle. What a road!!! You are bringing back so many memories for me by talking about the area! Love you!
30th June 2010

Shooting
Vivian wants to shoot the shotgun when we're in Alaska!!!!

Tot: 0.406s; Tpl: 0.045s; cc: 15; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0997s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb