Durango to Lethbridge


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Lethbridge
April 15th 2007
Published: April 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

It was a bad week for me because of injury and illness! While climbing a small mountain on the Gulf of Mexico coast, a loose boulder fell onto my hand. Two days later we arrived in Durango where Graciela came with me to get it checked out at the hospital. I got an x-ray and it turned out my thumb was fractured and now I have to wear a splint.

The same night, I was really sick with Montezuma’s Revenge. It was bad for two days so we got the neighbourhood doctor to take a look. She prescribed a drug to keep me from throwing up, and Carmen gave it to me by needle in the rear end. It seemed to work and I got better.

We went with Paco, Graciela, Gerardo, Carolina, Chiznel, Sandra and her kids, and a couple others to Villa del Oeste. It is western theme town that was used in the old filming days of John Wayne. We saw a show that was comical, especially if you understood Spanish. All the characters had their own stereotypes, such as the good, the bad, and the ugly.

After another nice evening with the families, we left for the Copper Canyon. It was just as beautiful as last time, and we camped along the edge of it. We then started our drive back home, passing through the states of Chihuahua, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana to arrive back in Alberta. It only took half a day to get from the warmth of southern New Mexico to the blizzard of Colorado. Luckily we made it through and it only took us two days to get from Mexico to Canada.

Home is always nice, but traveling is better (and warmer)!

Thanks for reading and hasta luego.
Matt



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Worn out Central America mapWorn out Central America map
Worn out Central America map

All you need is a basic map and a lonely planet book!


Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0614s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb