Week 3 in LL


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Lake Louise
November 19th 2008
Published: November 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey guys,

Sorry for the lack of bloggs but the internet is still dodgy here and i am still trying to get a wireless card for my laptop!!

We have about 4 inches of snow lying arround in the village at the moment and apparently were in for a storm later this week, fingers crossed!
So the hill opened last sat (the 8th of Nov) and i have been on skis every day since then, i think its 11 days in a row, today will be my 12th when i get up there. There is only one run at the moment and its a green one but i'm determined to get the planks out every day!
The guys in the tech shop reccon that i should try and race slalom for the Scottish team, we'll see how that goes, the Canadian teams are here at the moment doing wax testing and a bit of coaching so i'm picking up some tips by watching some really talented skiers...i think i could give them a run for their money!
Work is going well, our supervisor leaves on friday so were going to be left to fight for ourselves. I've spent the last few weeks patching, waxing, grinding, sanding, and just about anything else you can imagine to skis and snowboards. We had a close call yesterday, jean managed to get a snowboard jammed in the sander and bent the machine and a customers snowboard, so while he fixed the board i fixed the machine and it looks as good as new...close call!!
I also found out lastnight that i get pro deals on about 10 brands, which is amazing - 20% of Helly Hensen wholesale price can't be bad can it?? Its practically free so i think i'm going to look like a bill board soon!
So all in all life here is going really good, I'm friends with a whole load of really good guys, most of them are from Oz so i'll probably pick up their accent instead of a Canadian one while i'm here!!
I better go, have a shower and get up to the hill, what a chore it is to ski every day, i'll try to upload pics asap but its really hard to do without my own wireless laptop,

speak to you all soon

Aly xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb