They call this summer???


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Lake Louise
June 18th 2005
Published: June 22nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

The date is the 18th June and summer has been here for 18 days now. As i mentioned in my previous message there has been pretty much non stop rain, not much of a summer the weather is about as cold as it is back home on the coast so Woz and I are starting to get a little disheartened with the whole place, we are not used to so much rain and being cooped up inside for such long amounts of time.

That was until this morning....... i was at work (starting at 5:30am has its advantages) and it was really cold! About 6am it started to snow!!!!!!! Its summer and its snowing! the snow wasn't little stuff that melted as soon as it hit the ground it was big flakes that stayed around. It snowed for a couple of hours and it was pretty thick. It was so pretty to see from the dining room, the dining room looks over teh lake and there are a few big trees around and it looked like what i imagine Christmas would look like. We didn't get to many photos of the good stuff as we had to rush into Banff to get some warmer and drier jackets! we had to stop thining that the rain would stop and go and buy some better jackets.

It was an exciting trip into Banff though... the driver said that because of the conditions we may have to take the scenic route, fortunately we didn't have to take the scenic route but we got to see our first bear! My theoory that the animals hide in the rain was disproved on this trip into town. We saw an Elk feeding in the morning, a bear grazing by the side of the road, some deer on the way home, and a moose.

The bear was cool, we only saw it flash past as we went by on the bus but we saw enough to see that it was a bear. The Deer were cool in hte eavening too. We were leaving banff heading back to lake louise and they were everywhere, one I presume was the big male of the group was just standing there next to the bus looking in like he owned it or something! It was quite funny really.

We didn't get to see the moose really well, he was running away from the bus but we saw his antlers which are the tell tale differences between an Elk and a Moose.

Oh well hopefully soon we will be able to share some more pictures with you, and some stories of our adventures! we are heading the Columbia ice fields on Monday 27th which we are both really looking forward too.

We have also included some photos from dinner that night.... we wanted to show you our new favourite restaurant. It is such good value and the food is fantastic! It even outdoes La Porchetta for value - ice cream is included in the price of the meal!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



22nd June 2005

its snowing everywhere
Hey guys, loving the stories. You'll be interested to know that it snowed at Barrington Tops lasts night!! seems its snowing everywhere. Anyway keep the stories coming. love marns
6th July 2005

Great stories
Hi guys, You must be having the time of your life seeing all that you have. All your stories are great reading and Warricks stories are funny! Love Sarah

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb