White water rafting


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Jasper
July 16th 2008
Published: July 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

G'day,
We went white water rafting today on the Athabasca River in Jasper. It was the best fun! It was classed as a Grade 2 which is only beginner level, but we got quite a few good rapids and got a little wet. We were lucky enough to be the only ones on that trip, so we went on the smaller 6 person raft, which apparently gets you a bit wetter than the bigger rafts. Just after we had got back, out of our wet suits and back in the bus, the heavens opened and it poured - a real fairdinkum thunderstorm with thunder and lightning and the works. We were so lucky, because it would have been a little miserable on the river if it was pouring. Anyway, it was well worth it.

So, tomorrow, we cross back into British Columbia and leave the Rockies behind. We are headed to a place called Clearwater. The Rockies really have been magnificent; some of the most spectacular scenery.

While I am at it, here are some observations about Canada.
1. They don't do cheese!! We have been searching for some good tasty cheese and can't find any. Their cheese is orange and is very much like Kraft Cheddar.

2. They also don't do cordial here. It's funny what you get used to and just expect to find it everywhere.

3. Their public toilets are great. On the whole, they are really quite clean. Very important for someone who has rather a distate for public toilets!

Till next time
Fiona


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0227s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb